Are you looking for the best tips and tricks and the cheapest hotels when visiting Disneyland Paris in May? Then you have come to the right place. In our visiting Disneyland Paris in Springtime guide will cover everything you need to know including the cheapest dates to visit, busy periods, school holidays, usual weather conditionals and any special events you may way to attend!
Visiting Disneyland Paris in May
- Disneyland Paris Birthday
- 30th Celebrations taking place
- One of the cheapest months to visit
- Low crowd levels
- Shorter queue times
- Easier to book popular restaurants
- Less maintenance and ride closures
POINTS TO CONSIDER
- Shorter park opening hours
- Mild weather
- Easter school holidays
Visiting Disneyland Paris in Springtime, in particular the start and end of May, is a popular period for families due to the May Bank holidays. This makes May a month unlike many others throughout the year as the dates you choose can mean you visit during busy or quiet times.
Visiting Disneyland Paris during the middle of May, will provide you with a greater chance of low crowds and cheaper hotel rooms!
If you are visiting the parks in May you should know that most attractions and show are open. As most ride maintenance at Disneyland Paris is completed throughout the winter months, the only closures you usually find, if any, are due to temporary downtime for scheduled refurbishments.
The Cheapest Dates to Visit Disneyland Paris in May
To get the cheapest hotel prices at Disneyland Paris in May, we would advise you visit the park during the middle of the month. Guests will expect to see prices starting from around £850 (based on a 2-night/3 day stay for 2 adults and 1 child)
Disneyland Paris May Hotel Prices
Please be aware that Disneyland Paris hotel prices are based on availability, and the earlier you book the better price you will get. Remember, they also have a Hotel & Ticket Price Promise to ensure you always get the best prices when you book direct!
You can also get exclusive hotel discounts with a Disneyland Paris Annual Pass.
Disneyland Paris May Key Dates and Events
They are currently no events planned during May at Disneyland Paris.
Is Disneyland Paris busy in May?
Depending on the date you visit Disneyland Paris, you can experience either busy or quiet park. Due to the May bank holidays, guests will travel to the parks cause a short term increase in crowd levels at the start and end of the month.
Consider School Holidays and Bank Holidays Dates
Disneyland Paris is a popular holiday destination throughout Europe, with millions visiting each year from not only France but also from the surrounding nations including the UK, Spain, Germany, Portugal, Italy, Netherlands, and Belgium. They are several public holidays in May that you should be aware of when planning your trip to Disneyland Paris:
French Bank Holidays in May
- 1 May (Monday): Labor Day (Fête du premier mai)
- 8 May (Monday): World War II Victory Day (Fête du huitième mai or Jour de la Victoire 45)
- 18 May (Thursday): Ascension Day (Jour de l’Ascension, 40 days after Easter)
- 28 May (Sunday): Whit Sunday
- 29 May (Monday): Whit Monday – also known as Pentecost Monday (Lundi de Pentecôte)
Important School Holiday Dates to consider
Please note, these dates are used for a guideline as dates may vary slightly in certain counties and districts.
14 April to 1 May 2023 (Zone B);
23 April t0 8 May 2023 (Zone C)
29th April to 2nd June
15 May – 9 June 2023
29 April – 7 May 2023
1 May 2023,
26 May 2023
Disneyland Paris May Weather
One of the most common questions we are asked is Disneyland Paris cold in May? As spring starts to turn into summer, the weather in Disneyland Paris starts to get warmer, but you may still experience some slight chances of rainfall. The average temperature at Disneyland Paris in May is around 11-18°C (52-64°F).
However, the weather can be unpredictable so we always advise checking the 14 and 7 day forecast before you visit to make sure you pack suitable clothing.
Another common question we are asked on our Instagram page is does it rain a lot during May at Disneyland Paris?
If you visit during May, it is likely you will experience a rainy day, however, this is nothing like a rainy day in Walt Disney World. If any unexpected weather occurs, Disneyland Paris is located only a 5 minute UBER ride away from the Val d’Europe Shopping Centre, which allows you to quickly buy any essentials or additional clothing.
Our Top Tips for Visiting Disneyland Paris in May
One of our biggest tips for guests staying at Disneyland Paris during the month of May is to stay on-site, if you budget allows it. When creating this guide, we found that many Disney hotels were actually cheaper than partner hotels. The DLP Hotels are located very close to the parks with each only a short 5-10 minute walk or bus ride to and from the park, which makes it far easier to change clothes, add extra layers or take a break if needed!
Our other top tips include;
- Try to book during the middle of the month for the lowest Hotel prices and lower crowd levels.
- Take advantage of Extra Magic Time (EMT). During springtime, the park will begin to have longer opening hours, and by using this extra time you have more chance of doing everything you want during your Disney holiday.
- Meet Disney characters in your hotel. Each morning or evening you can meet a selection of Disney Characters with your hotel, and you can often find even shorter queue lines. Plus you are indoors, keeping warm!
- Take appropriate clothing! We always advise you check the weather forecast before you visit and plan to take suitable clothing options. If you plan to sit and wait for parades or stay in the parks to watch the illuminations and the fireworks you may still feel the cold!
Visiting Disneyland Paris in May FAQ
Yes, Disneyland Paris is open 365 days a year!
They are currently no special events taking place in May at Disneyland Paris. However, the parks 30th celebrations will still be taking place until the 30th of September
Disneyland Paris has an average temperature of between 11-18°C (52-64°F)., meaning you will experience some mild Springtime weather.
May can be a medium or expensive time visit Disneyland Paris due to the bank holidays. To ensure you get the best price possible, you need to book early and try to book for the middle of the month!
Yes, three full days at Disneyland Paris allows you to spend two days within Disneyland Park and its five magical themed lands, and one day for Walt Disney Studios Park and its four action-packed zones.