New restrictions have been imposed by the French Government today to try to stop the spread of the coronavirus variant first identified in India, has resulted in many UK and non EU individuals not being able to travel to France for the reopening of Disneyland Paris due to the new 7 day isolation period. The rules cover arrivals by air, car, ferry and train and will apply regardless of whether a traveller has been fully vaccinated.
- Entry to France limited to EU nationals, French residents, and those travelling for essential purposes
- Permitted travellers must test negative for COVID-19 before leaving their departure country
- PCR or antigen test less than 48 hours old will be required
- They must also isolate for seven days after they arrive in France Advertisement
- They must sign a declaration saying they do not have COVID symptoms and that they are not aware of having been in contact with someone who has the virus in the 14 days before their journey
- They must sign a declaration saying they will isolate on arrival in France for seven days and that they will take a second PCR test afterwards
You can read the full update on the Government Website here
Our trips are cancelled
After weeks of planning our first Vlog series and hoping to experience the reopening of Disneyland Paris on the 17th June, as well as the annual pass reopening days, these restrictions mean we have had to postpone this to our later date.